The Saint-Brieuc offshore wind farm project was a response to Brittany's electricity challenges. It is part of a political desire to push the development of renewable energy production plants in the region, and it will provide enough electricity to cover the needs of approximately 840,000 people each year.
The project focussed on the development, construction and operation of an offshore wind farm of a total installed capacity of 496MW, located at approximately 20 km off the coast of Saint-Brieuc.
Atlas Professionals provided to this project Geophysical and Geotechnical Client Representatives who took care of the following:
- Full regional bathymetric / analogue surveys
- Shallow gas hazard 2D UHR survey
- Environmental Video and Seabed Sampling
- UXO Surveys at 11 proposed turbine locations
- Geotechnical investigation comprising boreholes to 30m
- P-S logging
- HPD tests